Do you have a passion for community banding and would like to assist brass and concert bands to develop their skills and organisations?
The 2022 Annual General Meeting for the Queensland Band Association Inc. will be held: Saturday 16th July 2022 at 11:30am at the Boardroom – Sunnybank Community Sports Club.
Download the following documents:
- 2022 AGM Nomination Form (Word, PDF)
- 2022 AGM Proxy Form (Word, PDF)
- ByLaws Excerpt - Nomination to QBA Committee (PDF)
Please consider the points below when discussing the QBA Annual General Meeting with your band members:
- In order for the QBA to foster growth in community banding and continue to host State and National Championships, QBA Youth Band, Workshops for conducting and drum majoring etc, we require committed and interested people to become members of the management committee. Our constitution allows for eleven (11) committee members including Executive Members, and there are currently 6 General Committee Member positions available on the committee for 2022/23 for any interested individuals. You do not have to be a member of an affiliated band to nominate. [QBA Constitution 4.3 (a)]
- Nomination Forms are due in the Secretary’s hands by Saturday 02 July 2022. They require a nominating association and a seconding association – financially affiliated with the QBA.
- Distance is no barrier to becoming a member of the QBA as our current QBA Vice President, Jason Curtis, has been a member of the QBA since 2016. Jason lives in Townsville and attends all QBA meetings online via Microsoft Teams. General Committee Members are welcome from all corners of the state as Microsoft Teams enables you to attend virtually online and be involved in your state banding body! Please feel free to reach out if you are interested.
- Meetings are held one Saturday morning each month, usually from 10:00am – 12noon, in the Boardroom at the Sunnybank Community Sports Club. A Microsoft Teams Meeting is hosted within the room, so that regional members can attend remotely/virtually.
- Each member of committee is encouraged to take on an area of ‘responsibility’ which aligns with their expertise or interest. This helps to spread the workload of the association and facilitate a team effort.
- The QBA committee are the hosts of State and National Championships and play an integral role in the running of the event. All QBA Committee members give of their time voluntarily to support the running of these important events.
- The QBA is affiliated with the National Band Council of Australia and QBA President, Annette Ries, works closely with the NBCA on developing community banding throughout Australia as the NBCA Councillor for QLD.
We look forward to receiving all nominations and proxy forms over the coming weeks. The QBA would love to see enthusiastic and committed individuals from across QLD coming on board as committee members, as it is always a team effort. Distance is no barrier to becoming a committee member!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions or concerns, or would like to get an idea of how you can be actively involved and contribute to the fantastic banding community in QLD.