Our Mission guides our direction and how we support the banding movement
- The Queensland Band Association's aim is to provide leadership and direction that will enable Queensland Bands (brass and concert) to achieve their maximum potential.
- Encourage Member bands to attain and maintain the highest musical standard possible.
- Consolidate and advance the interest, ideals, and welfare of bands to their common advantage.
- Stimulate public demand for, and public acceptance of bands and band music by conducting public recitals and contests, and by other means from time to time decided upon.
- Maintain and extend the knowledge of all band persons through competition and training.
This is achieved by:
- Hosting National and State Championships for all bands
- Hosting the State Solo and Ensemble Competition annually
- Hosting and Sponsoring the QBA Youth Band
- Hosting and sponsoring Workshops and Masterclasses for Musical Directors, Drum Majors and instrumentalists
- Sponsoring Composition Competitions, MusicFest (School groups), Youth Workshops, Regional Band Workshops and Concerts
- Representing Queensland at the National Band Council